Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pandan Cheddar Cheesecake

I saw someone post on fb:  pandan light cheesecake, many people asking for the recipe, and the green color cake just really makes me feel like trying too.

When i look into my fridge i only have cheddar cheese, and only 3 eggs sitting in kitchen, but i decided not to use my 6", as i think, if i use my 9" mould, the cake should be "short short", "thin thin", and it would be so much easier to cut into bite-size ^_^

I have used pandan emulco in this cake (same as original recipe), as i have no pandan leaf to blend,  and i have also changed the method of folding egg whites (please refer step 9)

So, how is the cake? I can tell you proudly that my Pandan Cheddar Cheesecake is so light, so soft, and i love the cheddar cheese taste which combined well with pandan fragrance. 

The bite size i have cut just an excuse for myself and hubby not to feel guilty to eat one after another, hahaha......

Oya, there is no crack on my cheesecake, and the color is quite even, happy❣

❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤

Ingredients:
✴ 3eggs (separate yolk and whites) 
✴ cheddar cheese 3-4slices
✴ 1/2tsp pandan emulco
✴ 1/4tsp cream of tartar
✴ 50g super fine flour
✴ 50g castor sugar
✴ 50ml fresh milk
✴ 50g butter 

Method:
1) use double boil method to melt cheese + butter + milk
2) let the mixture cool down awhile
3) add in pandan emulco, mix well
4) add in egg yolks, mix well
5) sift in the flour, mix well

**You may preheat the oven at 150° now**

6) beat egg white + cream of tartar
7) add in sugar gradually, and beat till soft peak is formed
8) fold in 1/3 of the egg white into the yolk mixture
9) pour in the whole yolk mixture (which you have added some egg white in step 8), into the remaining egg whites, and fold gently with spatula until all well combined
10) bake for 1hour and 10minutes (adjust your own oven temperature and duration, i prefer my cake has "just nice" golden top instead of very brown) 

Tips:
While preheat the oven, do put a tray of water at lowest tray. 
When the batter is ready to bake, put a rack on top of that tray, and put the baking tin on the rack. (please refer last picture at the bottom) 

4 comments:

  1. need to add water to the baking tray?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna do this but I just realised I only have block cheddar cheese. So sifu can gv me in gram, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, i also having a block cheddar cheese, i just simply cut 4slices, not too thin ya ;)

      Delete